Friday, April 16, 2010

Coming Soon: Re-Design Your Designer Collection


Re-Design your Designer Collection with Alonys Art


Painted in Citizens of Humanity
Painted in True Religion
Painted in BLANK

As a painter and one that dresses by mood my clothes don't stand a chance against this cocktail of circumstance. I would say a good 80% of my clothes have paint on them. Of course I could be 'responsible' and only wear certain clothes when I paint, but how boring would that be...So with that said here begins the story of The Re-Design Your Designer Collection.

The Re-Design your Designer Collection concept was born organically from the mentioned above and a very generous gift from a friend we will refer to as the denimgoddess. After meeting one another she bestowed upon me a pluthara of designer jeans. In that moment I had a fashion orgasm and the concept came alive.

I never set out to paint in these beautiful well fitting specimens of fashion, but as I stated before I have this thing about being fashionable when I paint. What you wear reflects your mood, and my mood reflects my art. It's all synergy baby.

I know, who would dare wipe paint on a $300 pair of jeans??? Blasphemy!!!

I'll tell you, Alonys the Artist and The DenimGoddess !

I will explain why in fact she is the goddess. Besides the fact that she knows and has personally worn every designer denim product known to fashion man, she has an original way of thinking when it comes to fashion and she absolutely loved the random paint swipes on my jeans. (Upon meeting her I was wearing Levis with paint on them) . People will ask where did I get my jeans or ask if I did them myself. The beauty of it is I did and they carry a piece of many of my artworks on them with every swipe.

It's hard to be original, especially in this economy when every cent counts. So instead of seeking out the next thing on the runway, sometimes all you have to do is revamp what you have.

There is something mysterious about paint. Especially on clothes. It's definitely a conversation piece and can create curiosity. Are you a artist? Are you sleeping with an artist? Did you get in a paint fight? Were you spending quality time with your kids? The list goes on and on.

Whether you like sporadic swipes or more strategic splats or designs
The Re-Design Your Designer Collection is here so you can Live Life in Colour.....Mad Colour.



(This collection will be available May 2010)







No comments:

Post a Comment